Bringing your kiddo home this fall?
Here are four things you need to consider when beginning homeschooling:
I compiled a Homeschool Mama Reading List just for you! These books are ones that have taught me everything that has helped me structure my homeschool.
You know you have a homeschool mom when…
1. You never see the snacks she bought in the grocery store after you’ve unpacked the bag in the pantry.
2. She’s got your dad asking you mental math questions in his spare time.
3. After any visit outside the home, you find yourself with a new topic for a potential essay or research paper.
4. Your mom expects you to price compare in a grocery store. And she’s not distracted when strangers comment how adorable it is that you are price comparing in a grocery store. She still wants to know.
5. She refers to certain times of the day as quiet time, circle time, or readaloud time.
6. At three in the afternoon, she’s heading to the grocer in her PJs
(also known as the Homeschool Mom uniform: yoga pants).
7. Or she gets dressed up (wearing jeans) when she’s on a special outing: like the grocery store.
8. She asks you about the theme of your spare reading book. Or the genre. Or about the secondary characters. Or the setting. Or the symbolism…
9. She is comfortable staring people down as their jaws are on the floor as your mother just said, “I homeschool my children.”
11. She expects you to read The Economist and Time magazine for current affairs (when you’re eight).
12. She thinks you’re never too young to blog. Writing opportunities!