When meeting a new acquaintance, people often ask what I do?
When I answer, I homeschool my kids, we are often met with curious looks. Instinctively, we defend.
There’s a downside to homeschooling. There are disadvantages.
Non-homeschool parents know it intuitively, as their jaws drop to discover I homeschool.
And I’m sure there are those other non-homeschooling moms that think, she is NUTS.
They might think I’m nuts because….
- The kitchen floor never stays clean,
- I get to see a lot more kid arguing and complaining,
- I get to see my ugly side more often,
- I don’t get to be in my home alone, let alone the bathroom…
- The bathroom always looks like a college dorm bathroom, yuck!
- I own too many books and they are everywhere, and
- I spend my waking hours relearning math concepts, fun.
- There’s always a homeschool experiment on the kitchen table.
- There are a million erasers tucked in the sofa and hither and yon.
- No one ever knows where the scissors are.
- Computer toner is always on the “to purchase” list.
- I have to learn to multitask my thoughts, because I’m usually thinking my thoughts and listening to someone else’s.
Would the non-homeschooling mom be right? Yup, sometimes.
There are definitely THOSE days that make homeschooling seem like a less-than-happy making life choice.
But we also know that we get to enjoy all the freedoms, the upside of homeschooling.
Do you need further clarity, vision, and purpose in your 2021 Homeschool?
Do you want to Identify & Nurture the YOU Beyond Your Homeschool Mama Identity?
I offer a session is for homeschool mamas that feel lost in the demanding activity of the homeschool family life. Or for those that aren’t lost, per se, but need practical principles to develop themselves while they’re also being the homeschool mama.
If you’re new to homeschooling, you’ll discover that it’s easy to get absorbed in the homeschool mama role and forget who you were before you were doing this homeschool thing. If you’re well into your homeschooling story, you know how easy it is to forget the YOU in your homeschool.
If you’re itching to include you in your homeschool, we dive deep into the world of YOU.
So let’s get practical:
- Who were you before you homeschooled, or even before you were a mom?
- Are you clear on why you do what you do and how people perceive you?
- How do you hold yourself, being authentic and congruent, but also holding others too?
- How do you take care of you when other’s aren’t?
- Do you have a clear purpose in why you’re choosing to be a homeschool mom?
- What is your next step beyond homeschooling? And can you incorporate some of that now?
Bring your journal and a pen: this is straight talk, with a vulnerable twist, from this fifteen year homeschool mama and coach encouraging you to turn this homeschool challenge into a homeschool charm.
In this summit, you’ll get unlimited lifetime access to workshops that help you as a woman, partner, and mom.
Will you join me and hundreds of other women as we say YES to an amazing new year?