Set a timer. When the timer goes off, check in with yourself. How am I feeling? What are my needs right now? What’s going on right now? This helps you think of yourself and your feelings. You can search for the needs behind the feelings and meet your own needs.
Meaghan Jackson of Joyful Mud Puddles is a Parenting and Homeschool Coach. She has taken her passion for bringing peaceful calm to family life and pairs that with her background in education to help parents become more confident and well equipped.
Meaghan has a Bachelor of Education and Engineering along with several years of teaching experience at a private school. Since she had children she has homeschooled her three boys and is an advocate for the homeschool community, organizing events, and leading classes.
As a successful business owner and entrepreneur, Meaghan understands the difficulties that many parents go through trying to juggle it all. Her family’s struggles and transformation is what led Meaghan to become a Parenting Coach because she desires for others to rediscover the joy in parenting.
What better way to describe the messy, fun exciting life of a mom with three boys that Joyful Mud Puddles!
TIPS for working at home with kids:
- This isn’t a business setting. It’s still a home.
- Write down your priorities, your absolute must-have activities. Schedule you day around those calls.
- Connect with your kids before you work so they are fed, watered and have their emotional needs met. Then plan what they’ll do while you’re occupied.
- Make sure the kids are safe.
- Provide a sensory bin for younger kids.
You can find Meaghan at…
- Website: www.joyfulmudpuddles.com
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/joyfulmudpuddles
- Facebook group: parenting support group on Facebook
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/joyfulmudpuddles
- Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/joyfulmudpuddles
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/meaghan-jackson-parenting-coach-828838120/
Are you considering homeschooling your kids?
I’ve got a free mini-course that introduces you to me, so I can get you from “I don’t know where to start, to I’ve got a plan.”
I’ve got a full course that inspires you to consider what an education is anyway, and get you thinking and planning for your child’s education.
I’ve got a course that will get you from “I don’t think I can do this, I’m too uncertain, nervous, or afraid” to “I know I can do this, I’ve got this girlfriend.”
How to Homeschool 101 will give you Everything you Need to Know to Get Started, Create a Personalized Education, and Gain Confidence in Creating your Routine.
Call to Adventure by Kevin MacLeod