You Know You’re a Homeschool Mom When…
There are a few things that reveal that you’re a homeschool mom.
Do you identify with any of these?
1. You had a trip away from the kiddos and return home with pencils and books. Keep it educational.
2. You insist that you all sit outside in winter jackets on frozen fallen logs so you can enjoy some time in the great outdoors…with your math workbooks…in the middle of February.
3. Listening to the news begins a half hour current events discussion.
4. Your kids know to bring their history reading on the half hour drive to extracurricular activities. And the historical contexts will be discussed before they get out of the minivan for piano lessons or soccer practice.
5. Your kids’ birthday parties include full families.
6. Your 14 year old can independently do the weekly grocery shopping, even paying for it at the till (and they all know your PIN numbers).
7. You get your kiddo to write a resume and cover letter at aged 14: never too young for a part-time job.
8. The 12 year old has started her catering business and invoiced her first customer, learning about capital costs and loan interest.
9. Your 9 year old makes her own sleepover breakfast for her friends: pancakes and sausages with fruit salad.
10. Your non-homeschooling friends expect you to arrive at their home en masse. All 6 of you.
11. You realize you’ll have three kids gone for most of a summer week, and you think to yourself….ahhh, how do I find classes for the fourth?