Bringing your kiddo home this fall?
Here are four things you need to consider when beginning homeschooling:
I compiled a Homeschool Mama Reading List just for you! These books are ones that have taught me everything that has helped me structure my homeschool.
How to Handle Homeschool Overwhelm
- Require boundaries: we need separateness.
- We need to take activities off the list.
- We have to learn how to exist together.
- We need time alone.
- You need your own thing: an ‘all about you’ thing.
- You need to value quiet: afternoon quiet time.
- Focus on family harmony & happiness.
- Practice daily separateness.
- Maintain a morning routine.
- Recognize overwhelm.
- Sit with your feelings regularly.
- Accept your feelings despite their uncomfortableness.
- Recognize the underlying needs of those feelings.
- Recognize that our children’s struggles are not our struggles, it’s their struggle.
- Practice mindfulness.
- Create a routine, not a schedule.
- Alter your expectations.
- Alter your perspective: your home is not a school.
- Enact self-care strategies regularly.