The three essential needs of a child (and a homeschool mom) is to feel seen, heard, and feel safe.Erica Kesilman, founder of Conscious Homeschooling
Erica is a self-directed education and conscious parent coach who currently homeschools her three children ages 6, 4, and 2. She is a passionate advocate and enthusiast for self-directed education.
In coaching families, she uses an integrated approach that includes evidence-based educational psychology practices supported by emerging brain and nervous system science, conscious parenting, mindfulness, meditation, and various professional teaching practices.
She walks side by side with families as their ally, friend, guide, and coach so that they can manifest life-long learning and joy, innovation, deep connection, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Six Steps to Self-Connection:
- Self-awareness: be comfortable and connected to yourself.
- Notice your reactivity.
- Interrupt your reactions.
- Pause & breathe.
- Get curious about why your’e feeling what you’re feeling.
- Sportscast with neutrality your experience.
- Practice the art of negotiation and play.
Erica’s Advice for Homeschool Parents:
- Be conscious of your facial expressivity towards your children.
- Play with your kids on their terms.
- Diminsh your doubt about homeschooling by documenting your homeschool activities.
- Look into the eyes of your children every day.
- Make self-connection your goal, first and foremost.
You can find Erica online at:
- Her website: www.conscious-homeschooling.com
- Her Facebook group: Conscious Homeschooling
- Her Instagram account: @conscioushomeschooling
- Her Facebook coaching group: “From Overwhelmed to Empowered: Discover Freedom From Anxiety, Heal Generational Trauma, Create Connection and Understanding with Yourself and Other, and Learn How to Unlock Your Child’s Innate Superpowers.”
Get more encouragement in the book: Homeschool Mama Self-Care: Nurturing the Nurturer
Call to Adventure by Kevin MacLeod