Simplify your homeschool life.
WHY make homeschool simple? Cause you got no time for complicated.
And complexity ain’t fun.
First of all, we can’t do all the things.
So, don’t try.
Here are principles to live by in your homeschool life:
1. Don’t overthink it. Homeschooling isn’t that hard. No, it’s not. No really, it’s not. (Parenting can be hard if you hold tightly to…anything you originally planned…) But homeschooling is all about letting your kid do their thang, learn their thing, grow into who they were meant to be. Enjoy your homeschool. Create learning opportunities. But let the child lead.
2. What are the things you want to include in your homeschool? You get to include THAT!
3. Include the pretty things. Take photos and put together photo books. Get an Instagram account. (Yes, I’m saying it!) Relish the beauty. Archive your homeschool life so you can look back and remember the perfect moments.
4. Share your stuff. With others. Like books, clothes, games, Tupperware–all the stuff you don’t really need anymore. Someone else wants them. You are spending too much time caring for them.
5. Share other people’s stuff, ha. Exchange books, games & curriculum. Other people have stuff you want, so don’t buy all the stuff, borrow or exchange.
6. Keep what you use. Only what you actually use (and stuff you want to remember too). No judgment on what you keep because we all use different stuff and value different stuff. Less stuff = less work organizing the stuff.