I talk all the time about turning our homeschool challenges into our homeschool charms, but what are the elements required to create a charmed homeschool?Teresa Wiedrick
How do I capture my charmed homeschool if I don’t know how to engage these things…
- What does it mean to be a teacher and a mom?
- Do I have to teach?
- Why can’t I get my kids to sit still while we do lessons?
- How much is enough?
- Do I have to do all the subjects all the time?
- Could I just unschool instead?
- What are all these homeschool philosophies?
- And do I have to stick with one?
- How do you manage more than one grade and more than one child?
- What if you don’t know how to teach math because you don’t even know all the math?
- What if I don’t even like science?
- Will my eight year old get into college one day?
- What is this deschooling thing? And how do I DO it?
- How should my day look?
- I’m exhausted and I’ve barely begun. How am I going to do this over the long-term?
- Do I need a homeschool room?
- How do I organize all the things we’re doing?
- How do I deal with kid conflict?
- And complaining?
- And boredom?
- How do I motivate my kiddo?
- Where do I buy curriculum?
- And what kind should I buy?
- I don’t have a lot of money. How do I find curriculum?
- How do I make sure they get all the stuff they need for an education?
- Some days I don’t like my kids, help!
- Some days, I wonder why I chose this!
- Some days just plain suck: is this normal?
- How do I capture the joys and freedoms of this homeschool lifestyle?
What will we discuss in the upcoming Mentoring Group?
- Knowing your WHY behind your choice to homeschool.
- Craft your homeschool vision.
- Understand your personal vision & how your personal vision affects your homeschool vision.
- Clarify your belief on what an education is anyway for your children.
- Recognize the differences between a home education and a conventionally schooled education.
- Understand deschooling & how to actually do it.
- Learn how to homeschool without becoming a certifired teacher.
- Learn how to become a learning consultant or educational facilitator.
- Understand homeschool philosophies & learn why you don’t need to ascribe to one.
- Enact a homeschool mama reading habit for your own learning and growth.
- Know how you want to show up in your homeschool
- Understand who you are and how you relate to your family members.
- Become more you as you also affirm others be more them too.
- Determine how you want to show up in your homeschool.
- Learn more about your homeschool kids.
- Understand learning opportunities.
- Learn how to create learning opportunities.
- Know how to engage the 3 r’s. And all the other school subjects.
- Learn to observe how they learn.
- Learn how child developmental stages & learning challenges affects your homeschool.
- Consider what you even want your child to learn.
- Learn what your child wants to learn.
- Learn how to incorporate play into your homeschool day.
- Understand the ins & outs of child-led learning.
- Address the homeschool planning practicalities.
- Create a morning routine.
- Create a useful homeschool routine.
- Learn whether you need to create a homeschool room or storage room.
- Learn whether you should use a homeschool planner or record book and how you can use them.
- Understand the 3 guidelines for choosing homeschool curriculum &/or resources.
- Gain five suggestions to buying that curriculum too.
- Understand how to engage toddlers to teens.
- Know how to engage more than one child in your homeschool.
- Know how to engage motivation & boredom.
- Know how to address the S question.
- Know how to deal with pressure cooker days.
- Gain an approach to engage sibling conflict.
- Grapple with doubt & overwhelm (and learn tactics to address them).
- Learn how to use the strategy that will help all our internal challenges.
- Be infused with reminders of your homeschool freedoms, comforts, and joys in the ordinary miracle of your homeschool life.
Can you & I create perfection in our homeschool?
You can get clarity, confidence & vision in your homeschool through the Capturing the Charmed Homeschool.
Get more encouragement in the book: Homeschool Mama Self-Care: Nurturing the Nurturer
Call to Adventure by Kevin MacLeod