Mid-summer, I’m less concerned about a clean floor, despite little feet sloshing through sprinkled grass, flowerbeds, then the kitchen? After a busy homeschool year, I am finally slowing down.
Who wants to wash up the breakfast dishes when they can be stacked, along with lunch dishes, snack dishes, and lemonade pitcher until after dinner? My miniature Venus fly trap will take care of my seasonal kitchen companions, the fruit flies.
I would rather spend another hour…
- leisurely watering the pumpkins, the potted tomatoes, and my dirty feet
- pulling peas and raspberries
- making batches of tropical Jello…not cause I like jello, but because my four-year-old wants to cook
The older kiddos would rather…
- make their own raspberry, apricot, and strawberry jam.
- make their own ice cream: crushing strawberries, adding spoonfuls of coconut milk, thickly shredded coconut, and loads and loads of cream. W
My goal? To be present to all the sights and flavours of the summer season.
- preserve, cook, bake & make more dirty dishes
- run & frolick outdoors, enjoying all our outdoor activity equipment
- find a watering hole, pull out the swim gear, snacks, and my summer read