Anxiety is a warning signal. What is anxiety teaching you at this time?Shayla Peterson, Creator of CtrlShiftBalance
We always have two choices. We can be reactive or we can be responsive. If we can just slow it down for a millisecond, we can determine what to do next.Shayla Peterson, Creator of CtrlShiftBalance
Shayla Peterson is an experienced licensed psychotherapist who works with the overwhelmed and overthinking women. Offering a map for their journey towards healing. She provides therapy using a person-centered, no-judgement, upbeat, and empathic approach. Her clients walk away from therapy feeling equipped with tools to stand up to their inner critic, feel better about themselves, having more time for themselves, people and things that are most important to them.
Shayla helps her clients increase their ability to focus on the steps in their journey, not just the destination in life.
Shayla’s advice for homeschool parents:
- Schedule your time to worry (find the worry schedule on her website).
- Find healthy distractions, practice breathing exercises, and problem solve for your worries.
- Remind yourself each morning what you want to think about yourself by reaffirmating your values with your affirmations.
- Practice doing the things we want to teach our kids to do.
You can find Shayla online at:
- Instagram: @ctrlshiftbalance
- Facebook: Ctrl Shift Balance Mental Wellness
- Instagram: @thetherafriendnetwork
Enjoy the book of homeschool encouragement for you, homeschool mama: Homeschool Mama Self-Care: Nurturing the Nurturer
Call to Adventure by Kevin MacLeod