Ask yourself “what emotion am I feeling?” Sometimes the feeling just wants to be seen.Christine Dixon, MindBody Coach at the Ordinary Sacred
Christine Dixon worked as an Educational Therapist for over 20 years and is now a MindBody Coach who focuses on Self-Compassion, Internal Family Systems, Nonviolent Communication and other Inner Wisdom Tools to help people heal themselves from the inside out.
Christine works one-on-one with clients and also leads weekly support groups in Internal Family Systems. She offers free monthly online workshops and book discussions and can be found at www.theordinarysacred.com and on Instagram at the_ordinary_sacred.
When we become our own primary caregiver, we set other people free. We begin to take care of ourselves in a responsible way so we’re not so needy and depenedent on other people.Christine Dixon, MindBody Coach at the Ordinary Sacred
Christine’s advice for homeschool parents:
- When your child has a lot of emotions, get curious about what their need is underneath.
- Turn self-compassion toward yourself first, before you address your child’s intense emotions.
- Befriend the internal protectors of your emotions and learn from how they enable coping but disable thriving.
- Drop into curiosity when you see your child getting intense in their emotions.
- Give yourself grace: do a little bit of this emotional regulation/internal work at a time.
- Practice seeing your emotions in a moment each day when you’re not in the triggered moments.
You can find Christine online at:
- Website (to get IFS meditations and Inner Wisdom Worksheets): www.theordinarysacred.com
- IG: @the_ordinary_sacred
- Private Facebook Group: The Ordinary Sacred Self Healer’s Circle Patreon Membership (to attend weekly IFS groups or gain access to replays of workshops and book discussions):
- The Ordinary Sacred is creating a community of Self-healers | Patreon
Enjoy the book of homeschool encouragement for you, homeschool mama: Homeschool Mama Self-Care: Nurturing the Nurturer
Call to Adventure by Kevin MacLeod