Learning doesn’t just happen in a classroom.
Things I’ve learned recently…
1. Rutting–bananas and moose fights. Google that so I don’t have to write that down;)
2. Ratification of the American constitution…Virginia wanted more representatives so that the colony could institute that slaves be 3/5 of a person to gain more numbers. Wowsas. A smidgen of skewed thinking, no?
3. Not to move a side rook as an opening move. Who knew? Who even cared until I had a son interested in chess.
4. My entire family cannot hang out in the teen sanction of the library–it’s sacrosanct for teenagers I guess.
5. Fourteen is too young to apply for a job at the grocery store, even for bagging.
6. Fort Greenwood is not a fort, not even a museum. It is the coolest trailer park. And when I decide to buy a camper trailer, I’m booking my spot. I’ll have my own community ghost town.
7. The Taming of the Shrew is hard to read without offense. Shakespeare’s notion of making a selfish woman selfless was having her court an oppressor. Nice. I’m sure that will work for all in favour.
8. If you twirl a wild rose long enough, it is no longer sweet and fragrant. Kinda bitter actually.
What? And I wasn’t in a classroom to learn all of this? I was at the park, my home, on the road, on a hike and watching YouTube. Learning happens everywhere.