There are some things said and done in a homeschool home that are just known by many homeschool families…
Let’s see how many you identify in your homeschool home.
You know you’re a homeschooler when…a totally (not) serious list to lighten your homeschool life.
These are some of the things my four homeschool kids have said in our home:
1. Someone yells, “Dad, Zachary shooted a bullet at my back“!!! And dad responds: “You mean shot…” Half a minute later, “Oh, that’s too bad“.
2. You’re sharing your sensory-enhanced sentences with one another in the bathroom while the teacher is flat ironing her hair.
3. You purchase chemistry experiment ingredients–that you later eat for dinner (purple cabbage anyone?)
4. The kiddos tell grandpa to “write crap” when you’re stuck for clever story ideas. When he looks at them surprised, they defend themselves with: “Mom said to write crap” (and naturally, mom defends herself quoting a repeat published author who admonished me to write crap to kick start writing).
5. You consult Pinterest for the next day’s studies.
6. You’re teaching your five-year-old to make bread in the kitchen, helping him to knead the sticky dough independently so you can get back to the math students who need help understanding prime factors.
7. You don’t know when Spring Break is scheduled. And you don’t really care, because spring break means the weather is reasonable enough to be outside, so studies are done for the year anyway.
8. When visiting the nearest wall climbing center, your son is asked if he likes to play on the monkey bars at school, and he tells her he doesn’t know what monkey bars are.
9. Your kids are playing chess and drinking hot chocolate at 8:30 pm at the local coffee shop on a school night.
10. Your hubby says to your just five-year-old after he asks “Dad, what does this say?” (pointing to a book). “Sound it out buddy.“… Mom chimes in: “Honey, he doesn’t read”. Oh…
All kids say different things, but homeschool kids say especially funny things.
A Daily Homeschool Mama Journal for You!
Introducing the Daily Homeschool Mama Journal, your perfect companion to build time for yourself! With daily journal questions, weekly planner, and self-care activities, enhance your self-awareness and explore your identity while taking care of yourself. Start practicing self-awareness today!
Haha! Love it.
Love it!! I really love #5 and 10!! hehehe
These are awesome! Very clever and soooo true! I love that your kids told Grampa to write crap!!
lol, love it 🙂 Your blog is great! I followed a link from someone else’s site and am so pleased I did. Home school experience is so different from regular school, and so much more fun!
(P.S my link will take you to my writing blog, I home school blog at hartsathome.wordpress.com)