What is an Education anyways?
Why you homeschool matters more than how you homeschool. But why you homeschool is very influenced by what you think an education is anyway.Teresa Wiedrick
So what is an education anyways?
What I’ve come to understand the goal for an education:
- An education is enabling a human to live a life on purpose.
- To have meaningful work for oneself and one’s community.
- To be able to provide for oneself and one’s family.
- To develop who you were meant to be.
The ingredients for a great education:
- A specific child.
- An engaged adult who is listening and observing that child’s interests, curiosities, and aptitudes.
- Find learning opportunities for that child.
An education is an act of discovery.
Are you considering homeschooling your kids?
I’ve got a free mini-course that introduces you to me, so I can get you from “I don’t know where to start, to I’ve got a plan.”
I’ve got a full course that inspires you to consider what an education is anyway, and get you thinking and planning for your child’s education.
I’ve got a course that will get you from “I don’t think I can do this, I’m too uncertain, nervous, or afraid” to “I know I can do this, I’ve got this girlfriend.”
How to Homeschool 101 will give you Everything you Need to Know to Get Started, Create a Personalized Education, and Gain Confidence in Creating your Routine.
Call to Adventure by Kevin MacLeod