If you are new(er) to homeschooling, welcome to off the beaten path!
The homeschool lifestyle is filled with freedoms (aka charms), but you’ll soon discover that there are a few challenges too.
(Mostly you: your triggers, your overwhelm, your boundary issues, and your doubts).
I offer homeschool coaching services to help new(er) homeschoolers begin (& sustain) their homeschool journey with confidence, clarity, and vision.
I hope you are able to see all the charms of the homeschool lifestyle…
- how content your child is in their safe, nurturing environment: their home
- how much more interested in learning they are when their world isn’t overly scheduled
- that learning alongside your kiddo is super fun (& who is getting the better education here anyway?)
- that you’re gonna be asked the “S” question to infinity and beyond…but recognize that this kind of socialization is a whole lot better
- that the longer you do this, the more freedoms you recognize in this lifestyle.
The homeschool coaching services I offer will help you address the things you might not know how to engage.
(Also known as the things that tend to bring homeschool mamas to a state of overwhelm, fear, not feeling good enough, and all those uncomfortable feelings).
Like some of the things I didn’t know how to engage:
- What does it mean to be a teacher and a mom?
- Do I have to teach or can we just read together?
- Why can’t I get my kids to sit still while we do lessons?
- How much is enough studies or curriculum?
- Do I have to use the curriculum at all?
- Do I have to do all the subjects all the time?
- Could I just unschool instead?
- What are all these homeschool methods everyone talks about?
- And do I have to stick with one?
- How do you manage more than one grade and more than one child?
- What if you don’t know how to teach math because you don’t even know all the math?
- What if I don’t even like science?
- Will my eight-year-old get into college one day?
- What is this deschooling thing? And how do I DO it?
- How should my day look?
- I’m exhausted and I’ve barely begun. How am I going to do this over the long term?
- Do I need a homeschool room?
- How do I organize all the things we’re doing?
- How do I deal with kid conflict?
- And complaining?
- And boredom?
- How do I motivate my kiddo?
- Where do I buy the curriculum?
- And what kind should I buy?
- I don’t have a lot of money. How do I find the curriculum?
- How do I make sure they get all the stuff they need for an education?
- Some days I don’t even like my kids, help!
- Some days, I wonder why I chose this because every day isn’t amazing.
- Some days just plain suck: is this normal?
- How do I capture the joys and freedoms of this homeschool lifestyle?
If any of these concerns ring true for you, the Capturing the Charmed Homeschool Coaching services will guide you toward clarity, confidence, and vision in your unique homeschool.
Gain Confidence: Know Why You’re Homeschooling
- Know your WHY before you PLAN.
- Know what you think about an education and what your specific children need.
- Do you know who your kids are, how they like to learn, and what they like to learn?
- Have you determined a vision for your homeschool?
Gain Clarity: Why are You Homeschooling?
- What is an Education Anyways? Have you determined what you value in an education?
- Plan an individualized education for your unique children.
- Anticipate THOSE days. (The ones you think you might have: you will!)
- Anticipate and plan for it now so you’ll know what to do then.
Gain Vision: Determine Your Specific Vision (& Plan) for Your Family
- What do you actually want to fill your day with?
- Do you know how to create homeschool routines that help you get everything done, feel satisfying, and are educational, but don’t overwhelm?
- Be encouraged that you’ve got this because you DO. You’ve got this girlfriend!
More than fifteen years ago, I searched for arguments against homeschooling.
And to my surprise, that search shifted my family’s next decade toward a clearer vision, individualized education, and a stronger sense of my own person.
When I first heard about homeschooling, I thought it was for off-grid families. And I was a mainstream kinda gal.
Within a week of reading a book, the Homeschooling Option. by Lisa Rivere, I was certain that the book fell into my hands for a reason.
No DOUBT, I had many doubts yet to quell. So much questioning from so many concerned family members or the general public too, and I became defensive and prepared my arguments for homeschooling.
All the while, I didn’t know if it was really going to work, because it wasn’t easy.
Some days I didn’t want to do it at all.
Some days I was hoping the yellow school bus would stop for my kiddos.
But mostly, I saw all the benefits of this lifestyle and really just wanted to be certain that it was the right thing for our family.
With so much learning about learning, learning about my kids, and listening to what an education really is, I learned that this homeschool thing WAS working.
Not the WAY I had imagined it maybe, but it definitely created independent kiddos that could hold their own in any adult conversation, confident with their peers, and confident in charting their own paths.
Having graduated kids now, I can see the freedoms of this homeschool lifestyle with all its benefits, were entirely worth it.
So for the skeptical, the intrigued, and the homeschool planners, I say:
You don’t have to homeschool in uncertainty and doubt.
You can create a meaningful, individualized education for your homeschool kids.
You can develop a vision for your homeschool family and not just put it on a piece of paper, but actually practice it out day-be-day.
Of course, the more time you practice, the more you’ll see what I’ve seen.
This homeschool thing really does work!
And if you WANT to do it, you CAN do it.
Along with this coaching program, you will be invited to four LIVE coaching sessions.
- You’ll also be invited to the private Facebook group where you’ll get the daily discussions to support you in your homeschool journey.
- A printable journaling notebook to go deep into personal exploration.
- AND you’ll receive the book, Homeschool Mama Self-Care: Nurturing the Nurturer book for FREE. (Shipping included.)
Together we will build your confidence, clarify your homeschool intention & vision, and plan for your real challenges in your real homeschool.
So you can be certain that what you’re doing is the right thing for your family.
Deschool your Homeschool Journaling Workbook
Deschool your homeschool journaling workbook that aids in your self-exploration, to get clear on how to bring freedom & individualization.