If we really believe that kids are learning all the time, we can let go of the stress of completing curriculum.Maren
Angela and Maren are the creators and podcast hosts at Homeschool Unrefined.
They’ve been friends for more than 20 years. They’ve survived a lot of Minnesota winters together, as well as college and grad school, full-time teaching, giving birth within days of each other (twice), and now life as homeschoolers and podcasters.
Angela & Maren’s Advice for Homeschool Parents:
- Recognize what is the most pressing, most important thing in your homeschool. Then do that.
- Process a sibling fight, even if it takes an hour, instead of the originally planned activities.
- If a child isn’t normalized, it’s not time to move on to something more intense.
- Sometimes we help our kids through sibling conflict and sometimes we let them do it themselves.
- Give your kids a lot of room to be imperfect.
- Make your homeschool your own thing.
- Be yourself, be you, and show your kids what you’re actually into, then do that.
- Empower your kids to see who they really are and help them do that too!
You can find Angela & Maren online at:
- their website, Homeschool Unrefined
- get the FREE High-5 Guide
- get the Unrefined Homeschool Curriculum Guide
- get the FREE App School Guide
Get more encouragement in the book: Homeschool Mama Self-Care: Nurturing the Nurturer
Call to Adventure by Kevin MacLeod