Welcome to homeschooling!
I hope you are able to see how content your child is in their safe, nurturing environment: in their home.
I hope you are able to see how much more interested in learning they are when their world isn’t overly scheduled.
I hope you are able to see that learning alongside your kiddo is super fun (& who is getting the better education here anyway).
I hope you are able to see that you’re gonna be asked the “S” question from infinity to beyond…sorry, but we’re in that phase of the homeschool reality that people are perpetually concerned that you’re locking your kid in the basement (the alternative to hanging out with 25 of their same-aged peers that your child may or may not like in a brick and mortar school).
But I don’t know how to engage this…
- What does it mean to be a teacher and a mom?
- Do I have to teach?
- Why can’t I get my kids to sit still while we do lessons?
- How much is enough?
- Do I have to do all the subjects all the time?
- Could I just unschool instead?
- What are all these homeschool philosophies?
- And do I have to stick with one?
- How do you manage more than one grade and more than one child?
- What if you don’t know how to teach math because you don’t even know all the math?
- What if I don’t even like science?
- Will my eight year old get into college one day?
- What is this deschooling thing? And how do I DO it?
- How should my day look?
- I’m exhausted and I’ve barely begun. How am I going to do this over the long-term?
- Do I need a homeschool room?
- How do I organize all the things we’re doing?
- How do I deal with kid conflict?
- And complaining?
- And boredom?
- How do I motivate my kiddo?
- Where do I buy curriculum?
- And what kind should I buy?
- I don’t have a lot of money. How do I find curriculum?
- How do I make sure they get all the stuff they need for an education?
- Some days I don’t like my kids, help!
- Some days, I wonder why I chose this!
- Some days just plain suck: is this normal?
- How do I capture the joys and freedoms of this homeschool lifestyle?
If any of these questions ring true for you, I guide you toward clarity, confidence, and vision in your unique homeschool.
Want to book a free 20 minute chat to see if I can help you? Contact me here.