Introducing Erica Kesilman: a self-directed homeschool and conscious parent coach who homeschools her three children.
So, Erica is a passionate advocate and enthusiast for self-directed education.
Let’s chat with Erica Kesilman on how to be conscious in your homeschool.
In coaching families, Erica Kesilman uses an integrated approach that includes evidence-based educational psychology practices supported by the emerging brain and nervous system science, conscious parenting, mindfulness, meditation, and various professional teaching practices.
Therefore, she walks alongside families as their ally, friend, guide, and coach so they can create homeschool lives with joy, innovation, and deep connection.
The three essential needs of a child (and a homeschool mom) is to feel seen, heard, and feel safe.Erica Kesilman, founder of Conscious Homeschooling
Six steps to self-connection with Erica Kesilman:
- Be comfortable and connected to yourself: build self-awareness into your days.
- Notice your reactivity.
- Interrupt your reactions.
- Pause & breathe.
- Get curious about why you’re feeling what you’re feeling.
- Therefore, narrate your experience: speak out loud what you’re experiencing and feeling.
- Practice the art of negotiation and play.
Consequently, Erica’s advice for homeschool parents:
- Be conscious of your facial expressions towards your children.
- Play with your kids on their terms.
- Decrease your doubt about homeschooling by documenting your activities.
- Look into the eyes of your children every day.
- So, make self-connection your goal, first and foremost.
So, you can find Erica Kesilman online at:
- For that reason, you can find her website here: www.conscious-homeschooling.com
- Her Facebook group: Conscious Homeschooling
- Her Instagram account: @conscioushomeschooling
- Her Facebook coaching group: “From Overwhelmed to Empowered: Discover Freedom From Anxiety, Heal Generational Trauma, Create Connection and Understanding with Yourself and Others, and Learn How to Unlock Your Child’s Innate Superpowers.”
- You can listen to Erica & I chat on an Instagram LIVE here.
Big Emotions Journal for the Homeschool Mom
Introducing the Homeschool Mama’s Toolbox, a resource to help homeschooling mothers manage emotions and enhance mindfulness. It includes Dr. Amen’s three questions for self-reflection. Daily meditation practices and a Thought Care Checklist aid in handling challenging situations. Sharpen your mental tools and improve your homeschooling journey today!
People also ask:
- How Listening to our Trauma Stories can Enable our Homeschool Families
- How to Journal as a Tool to Process Stress, Anxiety, and Trauma with Nicolle Nattrass
- Homeschool Mama Big Emotions Toolbox Part 3: Your Feelings
- Free (&/or Affordable) Homeschool Coaching Options for You!
- homeschool mama, be conscious of your influencers
- How to Show Up Better in Your Homeschool with a Homeschool Mama Retreat
Call to Adventure by Kevin MacLeod