Vicki Tillman wants you to feel you are fulfilling your life’s purposes.
She is a speaker, curriculum developer, counselor, and life/career coach who helps women become who they need to be.
A homeschooling mom for 20-plus years, all five of Vicki’s children graduated from homeschool high school and have completed various degrees at college and graduate levels.
What is your minimum effective dose to look after you? Our bodies and our souls won’t keep up if we pretend we don’t need care.Vicki Tillman
Advice for the homeschool mom who also works outside homeschool:
- Don’t worry about all the things.
- Do just the thing in the moment.
- Don’t worry about all the things falling through the cracks.
- Moms feel guilty all the time, but rather focus on all the things you can do.
- A Homeschool Mom Self-Care Myth is this: You don’t have time. Self-Care isn’t a 45 minute zumba class and 15 minute meditation. It can be different things for different people.
Advice for the homeschool mom of a graduating kiddo:
- None of the kids know everything about their whole future, but it feels better to know a next step.
- Your job is to help teenagers know the next step to take.
- If they understand their personality, they know what they already love, and they have had enough experiences that they can try on hats, they’ll make a really good decision for the next step.
- We don’t need to worry about the whole future, just the next step.
Gratitude…is the habit of noticing when something is going well…
- It improves your immune system.
- It triggers your anterior cyngulate in your brain.
- It triggers brain growth in the “calm down” portion of your brain.
You can find Vicki online at:
- Her website: Vicki Tillman Coaching
- Her podcast: 7 Sisters
- Her therapy website: Pike Creek Psychological Center
- Her prayer blog: Vicki Talks Prayer
Considering homeschooling your high schooler?
- Entering Homeschool High School
- Why Homeschool High School is Better than We Thought with Mary Hanna Wilson
- Having a High School Homeschooler at Home
- High School Options & Post-Secondary School
- How to Include Your Children & Their Interests in your Homeschool
Call to Adventure by Kevin MacLeod