Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Pat Fenner is a twenty-five-year homeschooler of five children, and author of the breakthrough course, The Empty Homeschool Nest.
She is making the most of her retired homeschool mom status as she supports moms who homeschool high school at her blog BreakthroughHomeschooling.
Pat Fenner helps moms find meaning and purpose in their post-homeschooling stage of life through her signature course, The Empty Homeschool Nest Blueprint.
“When you don’t have another identity,
your homeschool mom identity
becomes your ONLY identity.”Pat Fenner, Author of The Empty Homeschool Nest Blueprint
Pat Fenner & I discuss:
- How our homeschool mom’s identity isn’t our only identity.
- The value of self-directed learning.
- How it develops when we maintain boundaries.
- We talk about how dark chocolate and Netflix routines might be the new norm post-pandemic, no longer a self-care strategy.
Pat encourages the homeschool mama:
- Here is a secret mom; you are not always fun to be around either.
- But you’ll still have conflicts and challenges because you just do when you are living with somebody. And when you are with each other a lot. But because you’re living with each other a lot, you also have the gift and benefit of working through these things.
- It is okay to make mistakes. It doesn’t mean that you are failing, that they are failing, or that you let them down. It is just a kind of life.
- As much as you love your kids, God loves them a bajillion times more.
- I feel like one of the things if I had it over, would have worked more on self-development and maintaining a few boundaries, you know having boundaries.
Build your Boundaries Journaling Workbook
Journal questions can aid in your self-exploration, to get curious about what your reasons for boundaries issues may be. They can be a self-coaching tool to help you clarify your needs, your relationships, and your identity, so you can get your needs met & become more you. This 31-page self-coaching workbook will be your best tool to build boundaries.
People also ask:
- my identity as a home educator
- After I am Not a Homeschool Mom: If you Hear a Voice Within…
- you know you’re a homeschooler when…a totally (not) serious list to make you laugh
- how to become more you as a homeschool mama
- Do you offer one-on-one homeschool coaching? Why, yes I do!
- Tell me about the virtual homeschool mama retreat.
Call to Adventure by Kevin MacLeod