Do you need a homeschool mama retreat?
A retreat to help you be more present in your homeschool, to be clear that what you’re doing is really working for you & your kids, to be confident that what you’re doing is beyond good enough, rather it’s even amazing.
Together we’ll determine what you need and uncover actionable tools to take care of you.
So join the Homeschool Mama Retreat.
Somewhere in my third-year homeschooling, I was done.
In my heart, I was mouthing the words “help me” as the school bus drove by.
I found myself reacting to kids’ squabbles or perpetually irritated that a child wouldn’t show interest in her studies, by saying, “If you don’t…then you’re getting on that bus Monday morning.”
I knew I didn’t actually want to research the local school’s telephone number, but I definitely didn’t know what else to do.
But I was done.
- I didn’t have time for myself.
- I didn’t feel good in my body.
- I felt overwhelmed.
- I was bored by yet another repeat of the same curriculum.
- I did everything as perfectly as I could but had this feeling it wasn’t good enough.
- I wondered if I was doing right by my kids’ education.
Until I watched a Brene Brown TedX Talk: I realized I didn’t even factor ME into my life. What did I need?
I learned I had to take care of ME to take care of my kids.
Alongside planning for your homeschool, you need to plan for YOU too.
Whether you’ve been homeschooling for one month or twenty-five years, you need to routinely address how you’re taking care of yourself and address your big emotions, like doubt, overwhelm, not-good-enough, or frustration.
You’re not going to show up perfectly, authentically, ideally, exactly as you want to all the days of your life.
That’s not a thing.
You’re a human being with human needs, human feelings, and human challenges.
At the same time, you are growing and you want to do right by your homeschooled kids and you want to show up with them in a way that really will benefit them.
That’s likely part of the reason you began homeschooling.
In this homeschool mama retreat, we’ll create an action plan for you to take care of yourself.
We’ve been taking care of our kids’ educations, their interests, their extracurriculars, their social life, their homes, their everything, and now it’s time to learn to take care of you too.
In this retreat, you will be supported, encouraged, and challenged to advocate for yourself!
People also ask…
- How to deal with unrealistic expectations in your homeschool.
- How to deschool 101: 7 lessons I’ve learned that propelled my homeschool into freedom
- how we need to show up in our homeschool
- I’m a new homeschooler, are you able to walk alongside me and mentor me?
- Will I ever be confident homeschooling?