Judy Arnall, BA, CCFE, DTM is a certified brain and child development specialist and master of non-punitive parenting and education practices.
Judy is the founder of Unschooling Canada Association and is the bestselling author of 5 print books translated into 5 languages, including Discipline Without Distress, Unschooling to University and Parenting With Patience. She has also compiled a handy tips book titled Attachment Parenting Tips Raising Toddlers To Teens.
In Judy Arnall’s book, Discipline without Distress and Unschooling to University, Judy shares that relationships matter most in a world crammed with content.
Judy is the parent of 5 self-directed educated children of which 3 have already graduated university and 1 is entering a Master’s program.
Every homeschool parent has worries. We are ingrained that either us or teachers are responsible for our children’s education. So if our kids mess up, that reflects on us. We all have to remember that every child is responsible for their own education. They own it. We have to get out of their way, let them learn what they want to learn and they will soar ahead. Our kids are going to learn with or without us, with or without direct teaching. They are going to learn. You can’t force a child to learn or stop a child from learning.Judy Arnall, author of Unschooling to University
Advice for how to teach dealing with anger and discussed Discipline without Distress…
- Have a yes list
- Have a no list
- Recognize that anger is a signal for change
- You can change yourself
- You can remove yourself
- You can negotiate for someone to change themselves
Judy & I discussed Unschooling to University…
- Let your kids direct their own learning and channel your control tendencies into my own work.
- If we don’t make space for us, for our interests, for our time, no one is going to hand it to us. We have to carve it out.
Find Judy’s books here…
Judy is the best-selling author of 5 print books on non-punitive parenting and education.
- Discipline Without Distress
- Parenting With Patience
- Unschooling to University
- Attachment Parenting Tips Raising Toddlers To Teens
Big Emotions Journal for the Homeschool Mom
Journal questions that aid in your self-exploration, to get curious about what your triggers, know how to address them, and learn how to align your thought patterns, so you can show up on purpose in your homeschool.
People also ask:
- How to homeschool without losing your mind in 11 Steps
- Counseling 101: a Homeschool Parent’s Most Important Skill
- how to manage impatience in your homeschool: 14 strategies to freedom
- A Homeschool Mom Podcast Dedicated to the Authentic Homeschool Mom
- Schedule a call with the Homeschool Life Coach
Call to Adventure by Kevin MacLeod