Julie Bogart is the popular voice of common sense and compassion in the homeschool community.
She’s the creator of the innovative writing program called Brave Writer and the popular fast-growing practice called Poetry Teatime.
Julie home-educated her five children for 17 years who are now globe-trotting adults.
Julie Bogart draws from her work with tens of thousands of homeschool families over the last twenty years, and her own homeschool journey to enrich the homeschool and parenting experience.
She is also the author of the best-selling book The Brave Learner and host of the popular podcast “A Brave Writer’s Life in Brief.”
“One of the dangers of being the kind of person who is attracted to homeschooling, is that you’re clearly a person who is willing to serve others and who gets a lot of joy in watching other people thrive, and the danger is to put your focus on those children, to locate your joy in their performance or in their success.”Julie Bogart
Julie’s advice for new homeschoolers
- Use the properties of home to guide the learning process.
- If you yield the properties of your home, you will flourish.
- If you fight the properties of home, you likely lose learning.
- Remember that homeschooling is your big project, it’s not your kids. Your kids are just living in your house. They’re sort of constrained to whatever you decide for them. So they’re not seeing homeschooling as the risk-taking adventure you have. They say I live here, I see these four walls so many times. Keeping yourself engaged on their behalf is a valid reason.
- Whenever you’ve hit that wall of discouragement, just know that everyone has hit that wall, and we are all problem-solving it together. And it is possible to overcome. There is no problem that is too great to be overcome in homeschooling.
- The way to have a stable life as a homeschooler is to not locate your joy and success in your homeschooled kids. Parents should pursue their own interests in their homeschool. YOU need to have a passion. What animates you in your homeschool days?
You can purchase Julie’s books here:
You can find Julie online at:
- her website, Brave Writer
- her community, Brave Learner Home
- her Facebook group, Brave Writer
- her Instagram page, Julie Brave Writer
People also ask:
- You can also hear Julie in an interview in Season 2 on my podcast, Homeschool Mama Self-Care here: Raising Critical Thinkers with Julie Bogart
- Get Homeschool Advice from Julie Bogart
- Principles for Homeschool Sanity: introducing Julie Bogart
Grappling with Overwhelm Journaling Workbook
Journal questions & workbook that aid in your self-exploration to help address your needs, gain satisfying relationships and shift your homeschool perspective.
This can be a self-coaching workbook can be a self-coaching tool to help you discover the barriers getting in the way of your satisfying homeschool life, create a plan to address your relationships, needs & homeschools, and thereby, shift your homeschool experience.
Call to Adventure by Kevin MacLeod