Kara S. Anderson is a writer, podcaster, and speaker who loves to encourage parents in connection, not perfection.
In 2013, she began blogging at what is now www.karasanderson.com. There she shares real-life encouragement from the trenches.
Kara’s book More Than Enough: Grow Your Confidence, Banish Burnout and Love Your Homeschool Life, will be available in paperback in spring 2021.
Kara lives in Illinois with her husband and two awesome homeschooled children. She enjoys yoga, tea, chocolate, cats, and books.
Kara S. Anderson, author of More than Enough, along with Cait Curley, another homeschool mama, created The Homeschool Sisters Podcast in 2017, and since that time, the show has reached more than 1.3 million downloads around the world.
This homeschool thing is a marathon, not a sprint. So run it like you’d run a marathon. You have to stop and take breaks and refuel and sometimes just stop for a minute and take a deep breath.Kara S. Anderson
In Kara S. Anderson’s book, More than Enough, you find advice for homeschool parents:
- On the hard days, don’t doubt yourself or your kids.
- Know that combining school and home has its challenges.
- Some days are bumpy.
- On those days, curl up with snacks and good books.
- Or hop in the car and listen to audiobooks while you go get ice cream.
- Start slow and gently.
- Layer more in as you build confidence and your kids get used to the routine of homeschooling.
- It’s important not to get caught up in the methodology or style of homeschooling.
- It’s great to research.
- Pick things that work for your family and build your own style based on experience and trial and error.
- We all go through lots of trial and error.
- Don’t worry, it’s normal as you find your way.
Kara S. Anderson can be found online at:
Grappling with Overwhelm Journaling Workbook
Journal questions & workbook that aid in your self-exploration to help address your needs, gain satisfying relationships and shift your homeschool perspective.
This can be a self-coaching workbook can be a self-coaching tool to help you discover the barriers getting in the way of your satisfying homeschool life, create a plan to address your relationships, needs & homeschools, and thereby, shift your homeschool experience.
People also ask:
- Tell me more about the Homeschool Mama Retreat
- Do you offer one-on-one homeschool & life coaching?
- Maternal ‘never-do-enough’ syndrome
- 7 perspective-shifting discussions with homeschool mamas to live their lives with vision, clarity & confidence
- Listen to Kara and me chat on Instagram
- How Homeschooling Requires us to Face our Shortcomings
- homeschooling is no panacea: persistence is required
Call to Adventure by Kevin MacLeod