Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Nike Anderson is a mommy blogger at The Homeschool Genius where she shares her passion for all things homeschool. She is the owner of Nike Anderson’s Classroom, a virtual shop for educational resources.
Nike has a Masters in Educational Leadership and resides in Middle Georgia with her husband and two young sons.
She is the Homeschool Coach at the Homeschool Genius and she’s here to help us understand our six selves.
Recognize the six selves (in you and your homeschool kids): the cognitive self, the social self, the physical self, the emotional self, the spiritual self, and the creative self.Nike Anderson, Creator of the Homeschool Genius
The Homeschool Genius’ Advice for Homeschool Mamas:
- Recognize that homeschooling is a privilege and you get to enjoy it.
- Expect your kids to do things that your kids can do themselves.
- Incorporate self-care concepts into your homeschool curriculum so they grow up knowing how to do it for themselves too.
- Carve out time, even just for five minutes, to refresh and renew, just for you.
- Create a conscious effort to show up every day on purpose in your homeschool life.
- This homeschool journey is also about learning a lot about yourself as much as it is learning a lot about your children.
- Nike has learned a lot about what she needed to grow and develop in and also the virtues she’s aspiring to.
You can find Nike online at:
- on her Educational Resources online shop
- on her Instagram
- on her Website
- on her Facebook
Homeschool Mama Daily Journal
Journal questions to aid in self-exploration, to develop self-awareness and identity, and to maintain a weekly planner for homeschool and life. This Homeschool Mama Journal helps you organize your inner world and your outer world.
People also ask:
- You can take a mini-retreat here: the Homeschool Mama Retreat.
- Create a Practical Plan for your Self-Care so you can Thrive in your Homeschool
- How to Influence Your Homeschool with Self-Awareness & Self-Compassion
- Do you offer one-on-one coaching?
- Self-Compassion for the Homeschool Mama: How to Teach it to Yourself
Call to Adventure by Kevin MacLeod