Who each of our family members is created our homeschool.
We get really clear on who we are and what we think an education is anyway and share ourselves with our kids too. (And our kids do this for us as well.)
So what is the impact of homeschooling on families?
What is the impact of homeschooling on families?
If you’re hoping your formal homeschool studies are going to accomplish in their grown-up lives?
- Teach them to communicate?
- Enable them to have math literacy?
- Be exposed to different places?
- Learn about historical figures and times?
- Understand world events?
So many ways to answer those questions, if they’re important to you. You get to decide the questions and the answers.
This is the unique stamp of individual families.
And these choices enable your children (& you) to become freedom focused.
- to choose your schedule
- to choose your community
- to teach your values
- to delve deeply into understanding each of your kids
- to addressing their emotional and educational needs
- to connect with them and create all sorts of memories
Each family chooses to imprint their offspring in different ways, intentionally or unintentionally.
- Some families enjoy football, some enjoy tennis, some don’t like any.
- Some prefer different entertainment possibilities: hiking, watching movies, camping.
- Some choose to be part of a religious establishment, some commune in their local community, some have a deep family network, some don’t.
Everything we do imprints messages into our children’s lives. We each imprint differently.
This diversity is no different with the bytes of knowledge we choose to present to them.
- My husband might prefer to discuss the provincial election every night.
- I would rather take them outside for a study of botany: dig for weed roots, name the flowers, understand the need for sun.
- My four children might not prefer either. They have their own interests too.
Who we are each family member influences the beautiful diversity of how our children are educated.
Reimagine your Homeschool Workbook
Introducing the Reimagine Your Homeschool Workbook! Reflect on the past year, assess what worked and what didn’t, and build the homeschool you truly want. Evaluate curriculum, routine, philosophy, and plan for the future. Get renewed inspiration and fresh ideas.
People also ask…
- How do you capture your charmed homeschool?
- Is there an art and a science to an education?
- What you want to know about unschooling: 5 ways to move toward it in your homeschool
- What is an education anyway? You get to decide how to homeschool.
- I’m a new homeschooler, are you able to walk alongside me and mentor me?