Let’s chat about The Not So Big Life with Sarah Susanka. Susanka is a social innovator, acclaimed architect, agent of personal transformation, and author of the Not So Big series.
Sarah Susanka has become the inspiration for a new way of understanding how we inhabit both our homes and our lives.
She is the best-selling author of nine books—including The Not So Big House, Home By Design, and The Not So Big Life—that collectively weave together home and life design, teaching us that a ‘Not So Big’ attitude serves not only architectural aims but life goals as well.
Through her writing, lectures, and workshops, we learn that a rich, full, satisfying life is readily within reach. Susanka explains that it’s how we are in what we do, not the specific content of our lives, that’s important. There’s no need for massive upheavals in everyday life to find meaning. Her credo is simple: When we look with the eyes of a student, everything can teach us more about who and what we truly are—we just have to learn how to look.
So let’s learn about the Not So Big Life with Sarah Susanka.
Whatever your child is doing, whatever is driving you crazy. If you can just take a pause and ask yourself, how do I do what that child is doing right now to myself, internally, because they are showing you something about your own pattern with yourself.Sarah Susanka, author of the Not So Big Life: Making Room for What Really Matters
Sarah’s Advice for Homeschool Parents:
- The world is a mirror and it’s showing you to you.
- We’re living in a hall of mirrors.
- Every reaction we have can be turned around and teach us something.
- We need to let go of the idea that people are doing something to us.
- Notice your own judgment and recognize they’re not true.
- Use every frustration and reaction as food instead of rejection, it’ll change your life.
- And quoting Ghandi, “We must be the change we wish to be in the world.”
You can find Sarah’s resources & books here:
- Allan Watts’s video on Life is NOT a Journey
- Sarah’s book, The Not So Big Life
- her book, The Not So Big House
- Edith Eger’s book, The Choice
- Byron Katie’s book, Loving What Is
- Dr. Caroline Leaf’s book, Cleaning Up Your Mental Mess
You can find Sarah online at:
Reimagine your Homeschool Workbook
Introducing the Reimagine Your Homeschool Workbook! Reflect on the past year, assess what worked and what didn’t, and build the homeschool you truly want. Evaluate curriculum, routine, philosophy, and plan for the future. Get renewed inspiration and fresh ideas.
People also ask:
- How to Keep Sane as a Homeschool Mama: 5 Simple Principles
- How to live your simple homeschool life on purpose?
- 15 ways to incorporate fun into your homeschool
- Do you need a virtual homeschool mama retreat
- Do you offer one-on-one homeschool & life coaching? Why, yes I do!
Call to Adventure by Kevin MacLeod