Diane Geerlinks is a Professionally Certified Educational Therapist, Director of NILD Canada (National Institute for Learning Development) and operates GeerLINKS Learning Centre.
Diane is a motivational speaker and brings her 25 years of homeschooling her five kids to each workshop presentation. Diane has since continued learning on the neuroplasticity of the brain and how we can improve our capacity for learning at any age.
As a homeschool mom, you are doing so many amazing things with your kids. you’ve already done such good work and there’s always time to redeem certain things, like not addressing their learning challenges as quickly as you might have seen them but not understood them.Diane Geerlinks, Professional Certified Educational Therapist
Advice for Homeschool Mamas:
- Because we don’t want our kids labeled, having to take that step to assess our children feels like a reflection of our own inadequacies of teaching, which holds us back.
- If you’re not loving homeschooling, your kids aren’t loving it either.
- Have a regular connection time with your partner.
- Encourage the learning of living in life as your baseline intention in your homeschool.
- Be interested in learning yourself and follow your interests in your homeschool too.
- Our goal is to help our kids have a love of learning, so we encourage them to think outside the box.
- Sometimes self-care is really being with my child, because they are part of me.
Find Diane online at:
People often ask…
- How do you handle homeschool overwhelm?
- How can I Capture the Charmed Homeschool?
- Do you do one-on-one homeschooling coaching? Why, yes I do!
- 7 Ways to Find Quiet, Build Boundaries & Handle Overwhelm
- How can I join the Homeschool Mama Retreat? (& what is this?)
Call to Adventure by Kevin MacLeod