Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Gabe Cox & I discuss how to challenge limiting beliefs.
Gabe is a faith-based author, podcaster, coach, and the founder of Red Hot Mindset.
Her mission is to help you step into the fire of refinement so you can come out stronger and crush your goals, God’s way. She helps others overcome limiting beliefs or mental barriers in the way of their goals.
Gabe used the success principles and mental training outlined in her book, “Mind Over Marathon: Overcoming Mental Barriers in the Race of Life,” to achieve bids to the 2016 and 2020 Boston Marathons. She continues to use these principles as she strives toward new goals, raising a family, and mentoring others.
So let’s chat how to challenge limiting beliefs with Gabe Cox.
I don’t have to feel capable to do homeschooling. If I’m called to do it, I can do it. You have to learn to learn how to do it.Gabe Cox
Gabe Cox’s Advice for Homeschool Mamas:
- Ask for help when you need it. Learn how to delegate.
- Be the example: exercise so they’ll be active.
- Be the example: when they see us love learning, they’ll love learning too.
- Help them find their passions and you need to help them find yours too.
- Learn what your triggers are. Learn what the tools are when those triggers arrive. Your feelings can be schizophrenic: feelings aren’t facts, but you do need to address them.
- You don’t have to choose between you and motherhood: you can do both.
- Recognize what parenting season you’re in. Some seasons are more demanding and we get less alone time.
- Find those little pockets of time. When you get that time, say yes to yourself.
You can find Gabe online at:
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/4MindfulMamas
Podcast: Red Hot Mindset (apple OR android)
Big Emotions Journal for the Homeschool Mom
Introducing the Homeschool Mama’s Toolbox, a set of resources designed to help homeschooling mothers deal with big emotions and specifically address their thoughts. Your brain and thoughts are important tools that need to be regularly sharpened, and the Toolbox is here to help you do just that.
Incorporating mindfulness practices into your homeschool is one of the most effective ways to separate yourself from your thoughts and be present. The Toolbox includes three questions from Dr. Amen, author of Change your Brain, Change your Life: What am I feeling? What is the thought behind my feeling? What is the story behind my thought? These are questions that you can practice regularly to get the most out of them.
The Toolbox also encourages a daily meditation practice to help you distance yourself from your thoughts and just be present. Guided meditations such as Guided Meditation on Controlling Negative Thoughts and Guided Meditation for Inner Peace & Calm can help you get started.
Additionally, the Toolbox offers a Thought Care Checklist to help you deal with challenging situations that may arise in your homeschool. By considering alternative perspectives, you can reframe your thoughts and deal with the situation in a more positive and constructive way.
With the Homeschool Mama’s Toolbox, you can learn to influence your thoughts and create a better reality for yourself and your family. Download the Toolbox today and start sharpening your tools!
People also ask:
- How to Love Myself as a Homeschool Mama
- steps to dealing with boundaries in your homeschool
- How to Get Homeschool Mom Community & Connection
- How do you know you’ve got what it takes to be a homeschool mom?
- Reclaiming Motherhood with Homeschool Mama, Bonnie Way
Call to Adventure by Kevin MacLeod