Charlotte Jones lives in sunny South Africa with her husband, twin boys, and two mini dachshunds. She has been a working homeschool mom since 2017 and she loves it!
As a coach and the creator of My Little Homeschool and The Strike a Balance Podcast for Working Homeschool Moms, she helps working homeschool moms while they try to juggle all the things while welcoming more joy and ease into their lives.
So, let’s chat with Charlotte Jones, a working homeschool mom…
“Multitasking is something you should avoid. Our brains don’t like jumping from one thing to another.”Charlotte Jones, Coach & Creator of My Little Homeschool
Charlotte Jones & I discuss:
- The number one issue is that she engages with other working homeschool moms: managing our time.
- Her experience of deschooling from school-at-home.
- There’s value in doing a time audit as a homeschool mom.
- The myth of multitasking and its ineffective, unproductive nature.
- The value of time blocking and teaching your kids about time blocking.
- Assess your values to determine if the activities you participate in align with your values.
- What she’s learned about herself as she homeschooled.
- How to find time for the kids while you’re working.
- Use alarms placed outside your door so the kids know you’re presently unavailable.
How does Charlotte Jones encourage homeschool families?
- You need to find a community so you don’t feel alone, especially as you’re homeschooling and working.
- Homeschooling is open to many opportunities, you just have to open your mind to the possibilities.
- Your growth mindset is the most important thing when you begin the homeschool journey.
You can learn more about Charlotte here:
- Website: www.mylittlehomeschool.com/coaching
- Podcast: The Strike a Balance Podcast for Working Homeschool Moms on Apple Podcasts
- Instagram: Working Homeschool Mom Coach (@charlottejones247)
How can you find community & connection in your homeschool world?
All you need is time and a bunch of books to prep for your homeschool.
Here we’ll discuss how the principles of each author influence our homeschools.
Or you can join the Homeschool Mama Book Club where I’ll read it FOR you!
What else will we read in the online homeschool mama book club?
Make sure you bring another favourite read to share with us in the online Homeschool Mama Book Club too!
A Daily Homeschool Mama Journal for You!
Introducing the Daily Homeschool Mama Journal, your perfect companion to build time for yourself! With daily journal questions, weekly planner, and self-care activities, enhance your self-awareness and explore your identity while taking care of yourself. Start practicing self-awareness today!
People also ask:
- Where do I sign up for the Homeschool Mama Book Club?
- Tell me where to find your Homeschool Mama Reading List.
- How to Celebrate Diversity & Kinship with Amber O’Neal Johnston
- Tell me more about your homeschool mama retreat.
- how we need to show up in our homeschool
- I’m a new homeschooler, are you able to walk alongside and mentor me?
Call to Adventure by Kevin MacLeod