Jen MacKinnon is helping moms working from home while homeschooling balances their careers while homeschooling their kids and providing practical solutions that help them cut through the noise and overwhelm to focus on their family’s unique needs.
Jen hosts the Working Homeschool Mom Club on Facebook, a community for working moms who are juggling homeschooling. She also hosts the Coffee Club, a small intimate group of like-minded working moms that provide support and encouragement.
Jen and I talk about working from home while homeschooling.
Once I started breaking those confinements that I placed on myself, hedging myself in to one way to making this work. Once I stopped doing that, homeschooling was so much more fun.Jen MacKinnon
Jen and I discuss:
- Our experience is that once a homeschool mom, always a homeschool mom.
- Who we are outside the homeschool mom role.
- The teenage years and individuation from home.
- Teaching our kids to be independent learners.
- How homeschooling teenagers is different than homeschooling younger kids.
Advice for Homeschool Moms:
- Start quitting.
- Keep learning.
- Blast music and dance in the kitchen.
- Give yourself the freedom to feel all your feelings.
- Assess what’s working and not working. And if you don’t know, ask your kids.
- Take breaks when you need them.
- Once you see that your kids are always learning, you can’t unsee it.
You can find Jen online at
- Working Homeschool Mom Coffee Club
- You can learn more about Jen here.
Grappling with Overwhelm Journaling Workbook
Journal questions & workbook that aid in your self-exploration to help address your needs, gain satisfying relationships and shift your homeschool perspective.
This can be a self-coaching workbook can be a self-coaching tool to help you discover the barriers getting in the way of your satisfying homeschool life, create a plan to address your relationships, needs & homeschools, and thereby, shift your homeschool experience.
People also ask:
- How do I get a homeschool mama virtual retreat?
- Learning about Working as a Homeschool Mom with Jen MacKinnon, Practical by Default
- How to Handle Homeschool Overwhelm: 19 Tips to Make Homeschooling Work for You
- How to Work from home While Homeschooling with Meaghan Jackson
- Do you do one-on-one homeschool coaching? Why, yes I do!
Call to Adventure by Kevin MacLeod