Isis Loran is the creator of Nature Homeschool and homeschool mama to four kids under ten in the West Kootenays of British Columbia.
Isis Loran‘s family spends a lot of time in nature because her family also homesteads.
This is her fifth year homeschooling and she writes at www.naturehomeschool.com.
And in this episode, we speak about how to homeschool little kids with Isis Loran.
“I would say try to relax a little on the homeschooling perfection because that stress itself is going to make you need more self-care balance. And then just to try and make it a priority because life is going to get so busy. And if you don’t write it down, I feel like it doesn’t happen.Isis Loran, owner of Nature Homeschool
Isis and I discuss:
- We talk all about how to homeschool little kids.
- We talk about the desire to work at home but also the desire to homeschool.
- How challenging it is to get good sleep with littles in the house and how challenging it is to get quiet and calm in our own home.
- How to create a primary income and also homeschool.
Isis encourages homeschool moms:
- Since we homeschool mamas are also people outside the homeschool mama identity, we need to be aware of who we are.
- We talk balance, her new Nature Unit Studies, and what homeschooling is like with littles.
- Ever since I was a kid, I would actually go for walks by myself as I just needed that quiet.
- I think a bath is a simple self-care strategy. To me, that’s the simplest one, like I can, fortunately, turn on the tv and tell everyone I am having a bath. And make sure everyone has had a snack and then just have like ten minutes.
You can find Isis online at:
- Her website
- Her Instagram page
- Isis offers curriculum reviews, book recommendations, and Nature Unit studies.
A Daily Homeschool Mama Journal for You!
Introducing the Daily Homeschool Mama Journal, your perfect companion to build time for yourself! With daily journal questions, weekly planner, and self-care activities, enhance your self-awareness and explore your identity while taking care of yourself. Start practicing self-awareness today!
People also ask:
- If you’re dealing with post-partum overwhelm in your homeschool…
- Thriving, not just Surviving Homeschool after Pregnancy & with Toddlers
- How Charlotte Mason Can Help you Change & Grow with Leah Boden, author of Modern Miss Mason
- an interview with Isis Loran: garden blogger and homeschooler
- Do you offer one-on-one homeschool mentoring & life coaching?
Call to Adventure by Kevin MacLeod