Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Leah Boden is wife to Dave, mother to four children, and a long-time home educator. With over two decades of experience in church leadership, Leah’s working background also features many years in youth, children’s, and family work within the church and for the local education authority. Currently, Leah’s life and teaching focus on the practice and pedagogy of late nineteenth/early twentieth-century educator Charlotte Mason.
Leah leads the Charlotte Mason Conversations UK online community as well as being the founder of Modern Miss Mason, an international initiative to help parents and children find their freedom within Charlotte Mason’s philosophy.
She writes, speaks, hosts podcasts and coaching sessions, and runs workshops sharing the beauty of a Charlotte Mason approach to childhood, motherhood, and education.
Leah Boden, author of Modern Miss Mason, and her family live in the West Midlands, England, with their rescue dog, Eli. When she’s not writing, Leah is drinking tea, reading through her home library, lingering around art, or exploring nature in their local park.
We don’t think we’re superwoman but we often think we have to be.Leah Boden, author of Modern Miss Mason
In this episode, Leah & I discuss:
- How Charlotte Mason’s revolutionary ideas on home education can change how you & your children learn and grow together.
- How we can reframe our understanding of childhood.
- We need to reframe our notions of what an education is.
- We can even reframe our perception of motherhood and how Charlotte Mason can be our homeschool mentor.
- Leah tells us how she has incorporated principles from Charlotte Mason in her homeschool & life.
Finally, Leah encourages homeschool parents:
- How our daily practices need to align with the values of our hearts.
- Leah shares how she fell in love with Charlotte Mason.
- To embrace the Charlotte Mason principles that work for you and your homeschool kids.
- Recognize the individual that has been given to you from birth.
- It really is okay to not have it all together, to not get it right the first (or second) time, to be in a mess, or not quite know what your next move is.
You can find Leah Boden, the Modern Miss Mason, at:
- You can find Leah here: Her Website
- Leah has a podcast: Modern Miss Mason
- Leah’s Facebook page: Facebook
- Learn more about her book, Modern Miss Mason: Buy the Book
- Find her on Instagram here: Instagram
- Join a Modern Miss Mason workshop: check them out here!
People also ask:
- Do you offer one-on-one coaching?
- The Podcast for the Overwhelmed Homeschool Mama
- How to Handle Homeschool Overwhelm
- Are you homeschooling good enough?
- the basics of the charlotte mason homeschool philosophy
Call to Adventure by Kevin MacLeod