Former classroom educator Alison Morrow has homeschooled her own children, now 13 and 15, and helps us bust homeschool myths.
She has helped hundreds of families launch their homeschool adventures or find clarity and confidence in the journeys they’ve already started through a “less is more” homeschool mindset.
Alison Morrow lives in Texas with her husband and daughters but helps families all over the world bust homeschool myths through GoodSchooling.net.
Is what I want for them realistic? Is what I want for them in their best interest? What does this human being, sitting in front of me, need?Alison Morrow, Creator at GoodSchooling
Alison & I bust homeschool myths:
- How did her school teaching experience set her up to want to homeschool, not put her kids into school?
- How new homeschoolers tend to trial and error new things.
- How to build a confident homeschool approach right from the beginning.
- The necessity to deschool your mindset.
- Who your actual child is should be the primary focus of your home education.
- How our understanding of what education is and how it occurs influences our level of homeschool-related stress, overwhelm, and confusion.
- How deschooling helps us to form a less complicated concept of education and can put us on the path to “less is more” homeschooling.
- How “less is more” homeschooling can make more time and space for margin in one’s schedule and self-care.
Alison encourages homeschool parents:
- Read about homeschool philosophies.
- Read from John Taylor Gatto and other unschooling books.
- Take my Deschooling Boot Camp in Spring 2022.
You can find Alison Morrow at:
- Her website, https://Goodschooling.net
You can find resources & books we speak about here:
- Susan Wise Bauer, A Well-Trained Mind
- John Holt, How Children Learn
- John Taylor Gatto, Dumbing Us Down
- Peter Gray, Free to Learn
Deschool your Homeschool Journaling Workbook
Deschool your homeschool journaling workbook that aids in your self-exploration, to get clear on how to bring freedom & individualization.
People also ask…
- how to deschool 101: 7 lessons I’ve learned that propelled my homeschool into freedom
- How to Deschool your Homeschool Day with Kelly Edwards
- Tell me more about the virtual homeschool mama retreat.
- the Alluring Freedoms of the Self-Directed Education
- Will I ever be confident homeschooling?
Call to Adventure by Kevin MacLeod