Nina Palmo is a Nordic-born, Midwestern-raised, Texas denizen. After more than a dozen years in the Austin area, she developed a serious love of breakfast tacos, but still can’t say “y’all” without feeling like an impostor.
Nina has a Ph.D. in sociology and feels lucky to work in my dream job teaching at a local university.
On the home front, Nina has another dream job of being a mama to two daughters. She spends a lot of time thinking and talking about attachment parenting, alternative education, and intentional living.
In this podcast episode, Nina Palmo, creator of Raising Wildflower Kids & I discuss the philosophy of Raising Wildflower Kids, emphasizing the importance of embracing their unique identities and building upon their strengths.
Nina Palmo challenges the notion of fitting into the homeschool mom stereotype and shares her experiences of drawing inspiration from Finnish early education to shape her homeschool approach.
Raising kids isn’t about trying to change them. It’s about embracing who they are and building on that, seeing who they are and how they can contribute to the world.Nina Palmo, College professor 💕 Mom of two
🌿 Outdoor & alternative education enthusiast
Specifically, we discuss…
- The significance of prioritizing our children’s individuality over adhering to a specific homeschool method.
- We also delve into practical strategies for aligning provincial or state learning outcomes with our homeschooling choices and avoiding burnout.
- Discover the transformative power of becoming memory-makers rather than traditional teachers, and embrace the idea that our ultimate goal is not to provide a perfect education, but to support our children’s growth and contribution to the world.
How to learn more about Raising Wildflower Kids:
Feel free to contact Nina at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Website: Raising Wildflower Kids
- Instagram: Nina Palmo, Ph.D. (@raisingwildflowerkids)
- Facebook: Raising Wildflower Kids
A Daily Homeschool Mama Journal for You!
Introducing the Daily Homeschool Mama Journal, your perfect companion to build time for yourself! With daily journal questions, weekly planner, and self-care activities, enhance your self-awareness and explore your identity while taking care of yourself. Start practicing self-awareness today!
People also ask:
- Unleashing the Power of Homeschool Support for Parents
- 10 Simple Steps to the Homeschool Life (& Live it on Purpose)
- 6 ways to live your homeschool life on purpose
- How to Motivate Your Homeschool Child toward Curiosity & Independence
- How can I get one-on-one life coaching?
Call to Adventure by Kevin MacLeod