Robyn Robertson is an unschooling mom to 2 kids, podcast host, business owner and public school board trustee.
Robyn, her husband and their 2 kids started their worldschooling journey in 2012. During this time, Robyn watched curiosity and excitement for life grow in her family. 2 things stood out to her — she noticed that less time in school did not equal less learning. In fact, learning seemed to be more meaningful outside of school. She also saw their family’s bond strengthen.
An education is anything that contributes to your human-beingness.Robyn Robertson, podcaster at Honey, I’m Homeschooling the Kids
Robyn’s advice for homeschool parents:
- Go back to your core values as you choose how you homeschool.
- Consider deschooling so you can determine what you believe to be true about learning and education.
- If we can trust ourselves, we’ll trust our kids to grow and learn.
- I accept that I’m not perfect: I upset other people and I upset myself, so I can accept that in my kids.
- Relationship is the most important element in your homeschool.
- Let them follow their interests so they can become who they were meant to be.
- Give yourself a bit of space and grace. Have fun. Keep it simple.
- Deschooling is all about relationships, relationships, relationships, relationships, relationships, and relationships. It is number 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 priorities in your homeschool.
You can find Robyn online at:
- her website, Honey, I’m Homeschooling the Kids podcast
- her community, Honey I’m Homeschooling on the Clubhouse app
- her Facebook community
- her Instagram community @Honey! I’m Homeschooling The Kids.
People also ask…
- How do you handle homeschool overwhelm?
- How can I create a charmed homeschool?
- Do you do one-on-one homeschooling coaching? Why, yes I do!
- Will you tell me about this Homeschool Mama virtual Retreat?
- how to deschool 101: 7 lessons I’ve learned that propelled my homeschool into freedom
Call to Adventure by Kevin MacLeod