Meaghan Jackson of Gentle Parenting is a Parenting and Homeschool Coach.
Meaghan has a Bachelor of Education and Engineering along with several years of teaching experience at a private school. Since she had children, she has homeschooled her three boys.
As a successful business owner and entrepreneur, Meaghan understands the difficulties that many parents go through to juggle it all. Her family’s struggles and transformation is what led Meaghan to become a Parenting Coach as she desires for others to rediscover the joy in parenting.
Set a timer. When the timer goes off, check in with yourself. How am I feeling? What are my needs right now? What’s going on right now? This helps you think of yourself and your feelings. You can search for the needs behind the feelings and meet your own needs.Meaghan Jackson, podcaster, author & coach at Gentle Parenting
Meaghan’s Advice for Working Homeschool Parents:
- This isn’t a business setting. It’s still a home.
- Write down your priorities, your absolute must-have activities. Schedule you day around those calls.
- Connect with your kids before you work so they are fed, watered and have their emotional needs met. Then plan what they’ll do while you’re occupied.
- Make sure the kids are safe.
- Provide a sensory bin for younger kids.
- What is the point of learning? Do they really need to know this exact topic right now or is it about learning how to learn?
You can find Meaghan at…
People also ask:
- The Myth of Homeschool Balance with Lisa Marie Fletcher
- How to Be at Ease in your Homeschool During a Pandemic with Lynda Puleio
- Do you offer one-on-one coaching? Why, yes I do!
- Would you tell me about the homeschool mama retreat?
- How to Single Parent Homeschooling & Raising Homeschool Royalty with Sarah Wall
Call to Adventure by Kevin MacLeod