Jennifer Bryant is the founder of PracticalFamily.org, and host of the Practical Family Podcast.
Jenn encourages families to build practical skills for healthy communication, strengthens moms for real-life struggles, and helps women discover their unique calling.
Jennifer Bryant is married to Bruce and the mom of two precious preteens and the host of Practical Family Podcast. Her favorite things include reading, brainstorming, singing with her kids, laughing out loud with her husband, and making food for people. She lives in Honolulu, Hawaii, and dreams of taking her family on marvelous adventures across the globe.
Be invested, don’t seek perfection.Jennifer Bryant, Creator of Practical Family
Jennifer Bryant & I discuss:
- Our role of coach as a mama to our kids in conflict management.
- Reparenting ourselves, learning how to address our big emotions, and learning how to show up for ourselves and our kids, imperfectly.
- Giving ourselves permission to give ourselves breaks.
- Learning to handle our big emotions, like anger and frustration.
- Practicing self-compassionate techniques to help us address our big emotions.
- Knowing our strengths in how we engage our children.
- Always returning to the question, is your homeschool is working for you?
Jenn encourages homeschool mamas to overcome homeschool frustrations:
- How can you address interpersonal challenges or big emotions in your homeschool? With O.V.E.R.
- O: observe, what is happening? (the story of the present experience and the possible triggers)
- V: vent, say out loud, “What am I feeling?”
- E: embrace what is true about the reality of your situation.
- R: reframe, so you can cross over these bridges of struggle.
- You need to know yourself outside of your relationship with your kids &/or partner.
You can find Jennifer Bryant & podcaster at Practical Family Podcast:
- Her website, PracticalFamily.org
- Access the resource, 5 Things to Keep Yourself from Losing Your Mind as a Mom.
- Access the Mom Freebie Bundle, including our basic homeschool planner, PDF of the 5 Things…encouragement printable, Ultimate Kid Snack List, & 3 mom lock screens.
- Connect with Jennifer for Personal Coaching with Jenn – a free 30-minute consultation to assess your needs.
- Listen to Jennifer on her podcast, the Practical Family Podcast.
Big Emotions Journal for the Homeschool Mom
Introducing the Homeschool Mama’s Toolbox, a resource to help homeschooling mothers manage emotions and enhance mindfulness. It includes Dr. Amen’s three questions for self-reflection. Daily meditation practices and a Thought Care Checklist aid in handling challenging situations. Sharpen your mental tools and improve your homeschooling journey today!
People also ask…
- Toolbox for Big Emotions Journaling Workbook
- Tell me more about the virtual homeschool mama retreat.
- Do you have a guided course (& coaching) for new homeschool parents?
- 7 perspective-shifting discussions with homeschool mamas to live their lives with vision, clarity & confidence
- How to Use Non-Violent Communication in our Homeschools
Call to Adventure by Kevin MacLeod