Kelly Edwards, from 90-Minute Day, teaches a deschool method that connects children with natural learning in their families.
She is passionate about home education, attachment, the gift of neurodivergence, learning, and helping children identify their purpose.
Kelly Edwards is a homeschool mom in her seventh year. She believes true health happens when emotional, mental, physical, and spiritual aspects are integrated.
To this end, Kelly Edwards uses her personal research and professional experience to guide parents with a framework to overcome overwhelm.
Kelly Edwards & I discuss:
- Why she should have deschooled when she first homeschooled.
- Why a clear life purpose gives us direction to choose our educational paths.
- How we wished we moved away from a school-based homeschool much earlier.
- Acknowledge that the deschool process feels nebulous.
- Try to understand ourselves helps us engage on purpose with our kids
- Learn how to emotionally regulate so we can help our kids emotionally regulate.
- Create a practice to deschool routinely.
Finally, Kelly Edwards encourages homeschool parents:
- Your role as a homeschool parent is to be the advocate.
- Sit back and get to know your child, don’t be transactional.
- You can do it. Believe in yourself.
- Keep your expectations lower.
- Create relationships and a routine with your kids. And read a lot.
You can find Kelly Edwards at:
You can find resources & books we speak about here:
- Dr. Amen, author of Change Your Brain, Change Your Life
- Yeonmi Park, author of In Order to Live
- Kelly’s course on her website 90-Minute Day Homeschool
Deschool your Homeschool Journaling Workbook
Deschool your homeschool journaling workbook that aids in your self-exploration, to get clear on how you can bring freedom & individualization into your homeschool.
People also ask…
- Access the Deschool your Homeschool Journaling Workbook
- how to deschool 101
- What is an education anyway? You get to decide how to homeschool.
- Tell me more about your homeschool mama retreat.
- What about gaps in my child’s home education?
- I’m a new homeschooler, are you able to walk alongside me?
Call to Adventure by Kevin MacLeod