Your only job is to hold up a mirror up to them to who they are meant to be. I don’t have to bend them out of shape. I just have to help them grow into their shape.Betsy Jenkinson, Homeschooling with the Classics
Betsy Jenkins is the mother of five awesome boys, aged 6-20. She is an artist and co-owner of a decorative design company, though you may know her best for her classical art memes on Instagram.
Betsy is married to a renaissance man who can build and fix just about anything. Together, they are just crazy enough to think that raising and educating a million boys at home is a really sweet deal.
Betsy’s Advice for Homeschool Mamas
- You have to step aside with your ideas, what you believe to be the trajectory of your family, your goals, and just focus on the children in front of you and what they need.
- Remember what Charlotte Mason says, “Your children are born persons”.
- It is not your job to make the garden grow. We’re garden keepers, we’re here to tend and feed that garden, but not make it grow.
- Continue in your own education, in your own thirst for your own knowledge and skills and do the things you love.
- Get help, from a counsellor, pastor, or friend if you feel at the end of yourself.
You can find Betsy online at:
- Instagram: @homeschooling_withtheclassics
- Instagram: @talltimbers_willowlake
- Facebook page: @Homeschooling With The Classics