Katie is a Certified Health Education Specialist as well as a Certified Health & Wellness Coach.
Katie holds a Masters Degree in Community Health Education and started Health Wellness & Chocolate after I finally figured out how to lose weight & keep it off after yo-yo dieting for over 30 years!
At Health Wellness & Chocolate, I teach women how to make peace with food and lose weight for the last time through my weekly podcast (The Health Wellness & Chocolate Podcast) and through a variety of online courses. Katie is also a wife to her husband Chris of 20 years and a homeschool mom to her 8 children.
Self-care is creating a life that you love, that you have agency over, that you don’t have to run away from, that you don’t have to run away to Target for, or even just to run to the bathroom.Katie Corbett
Advice for Homeschool Mamas:
- You might have this ideal of a homeschool day, and it might not look like it, especially if it’s a month of (days looking like) that. Like a tiny drop of sand over time, they add up in your child’s education.
- Determine the best time of the day to exercise for you.
- Find an exercise activity that doesn’t feel like a chore and that you actually like.
- Before you eat, ask yourself if you’re eating because you’re hungry.
- Observe yourself and learn why you want to eat when you want to eat. Are you actually hungry?
- What are your emotional triggers for eating when you’re not hungry.
- What meaning have you attached to these feelings that trigger you?
- Shop the perimeter of your grocery store & don’t typically buy things wrapped in packaging.
- Use the eMeal app to preplan meals and have the accompanying grocery lists filled at the store for you.
- Put systems in place so you don’t have to make constant decisions, like meal planning.
- Do a thought download monthly to plan all the details for your next month.
- Create systems so you’re not reacting to the urgent.
You can have thought boundaries. Capture those thoughts & challenge them. You don’t have to believe all of your thoughts. You don’t have to act on them just because you thought them.Katie Corbett
Use the coupon code “Homeschool Mom” at Kate’s website to access the FREE Survival Kit
Find Kate online at:
People also ask:
- How to Incorporate the Happy Homeschool Hygge, Twenty Easy-to-Adopt Practices
- how to eat well as a homeschool mama
- the care and keeping of the homeschool mama
- the nurturing homeschool mama retreat to bring vision, clarity & confidence
- Do you do one-on-one homeschooling coaching? Why, yes I do!
- How to Simplify Your Homeschool Life with Kelly Briggs
Call to Adventure by Kevin MacLeod